JustHelping: A Tree is Not Just for Christmas!
Background: JustHelping grew out of a volunteer Christmas tree collection service that originally started in Prestbury. The volunteer scheme for the Christmas tree collection started fourteen years ago and JustHelping was formed in 2012.
JustHelping now has a national network of local Christmas tree collections, and primarily donates monies collected to hospices. Local collection networks are either volunteer led or hospice led:
- Local Volunteers: are usually made up of a group of friends or work colleagues who decide to get together to do a Christmas tree collection with JustHelping. They might then be joined by local community groups, schools and local businesses. Once the trees have been collected, the JustHelping personnel do the rest and arrange for donations to be given to the local hospice. As part of this process, JustHelping will also arrange for a local charity, chosen by the local volunteers, to receive a small donation.
- The Local Hospice may decide to set up local collection arrangements themselves. JustHelping will provide them with access to their national website, to manage Christmas tree registrations and donations. Again, as part of this process, JustHelping will arrange for a percentage of the monies raised to go to a local group or charity, chosen by the local volunteers.
How Clare Got Involved: Clare’s son used to play cricket at Bramall Cricket Club, where a local collection had been established. She got involved as a volunteer, for a couple of years, before being offered the CEO post for the organisation. Clare is now responsible for the day to day running and management of the charity, supported by some volunteers. She has direct responsibility for managing the St Ann’s donations in Heald Green, as well as overseeing thirty other collections across the country.
Within the Give2Gain Community: Clare, and her volunteer team, are keen to get to know more people in the local community and be part of the inclusive economy across Greater Manchester. They are particularly keen to make connections in the areas covered by St Ann’s hospice including Trafford and Salford.
Want to get involved? Want to have fun, make new friends and help your local hospice, as well as another local charity or group? Clare is recruiting volunteers for Christmas 2018 now! Volunteers can get involved in all aspects of JustHelping:
- Helping to run the charity.
- Collecting Christmas trees.
- Marketing including leaflet drops.
- Sponsorship of the leaflets, the volunteer lunches during the Christmas tree collection time or advertising.
- Provide the loan of a van or other equipment.
Overall there are numerous opportunities to get involved and it is never too early to get in touch! Why not read their latest Blog Giving back to every corner of the local community and St Ann’s Hospice.
Please contact Clare via email@example.com
Why not join our journey of endless possibilities by becoming a member of the Give2Gain Community at www.give2gain.org